Health and wellness
Emotional health or abortion support are important factors when considering an abortion.
Help while having an abortion
You may want someone with you when you get an abortion or go to an appointment. Call your abortion provider to see if this is allowed. If others are not allowed in the room with you, they can still go with you and stay in the waiting room or outside.
You can also have an abortion doula who can support you. ACCESS Reproductive Justice can help connect you to a doula.
Emotional and abortion support
You can find in-person or online counseling or general abortion support.
- Talk to your regular health care provider.
- Visit a local family clinic.
- Exhale pro-voice provides nonjudgmental after-abortion support, including talk and text.
- All-Options Talkline offers free peer counseling to callers from anywhere in the US or Canada at 888-493-0092.
- Contact the National Abortion Federation Hotline (phone and chat).
- Read this Hey Jane article about doulas, groups, and emotional support.